Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Sun Is Still Coming Up...

I woke up today and much to my delight the sun was still shining.

It's been three weeks since the second most historic election (the first being the first) that the Estados Unidos has ever seen and the earth is still turning. According to various opinions, life as we know it should have ended by now. Now don't get me wrong, the President-Elect is/was not my choice for running this country, but my hope is that he will do a great job. I do not wish for another Carter Presidency in order to get another Reagan Presidency. Having lived through the previous, I understand that this would not be good for our country. This is why I cannot fathom why people hope it gets worse just so they can win. I don't wish to wait four years (possibly eight) before things get better.

I can believe that our President-Elect will do what is right for this country.

Here is where I would point out why and how I believe that this man can and will do all the things possible to make this country better for all of its citizens. However, I am at a loss for words to so... Why? Because, I believe it is not within his ability to do the things necessary to accomplish this great task.

Yet, I still have hope. Hope in the man? No. Hope in my God.

"The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will." Proverbs 21:1

Regardless of what you may hear in the media or those from the far left, this is a Christian nation founded on Christian principles. The United States of America does more to spread the Word of God than any other nation on earth. Therefore, I believe God has a vested interest in the direction of this country.

Why do I believe God will get involved? He tells us He will in His Word.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

I believe there are millions of Christians that (voted both for and against) are praying for President-Elect Obama.

This is a good thing.

This is why I have hope.

No comments: